2016 Madison Trust for Historic Preservation Award and 2016 Mayor's Design Award
Catlin Chapel was built in 1878 as a memorial to John Catlin, one of Madison’s earliest attorneys and businessmen. The chapel was built of Madison sand and Indiana limestone and includes a small tower and bell. The Catlin Chapel was used by visitors to the cemetery for prayer, reflection, and shelter in its early years. At the time of its construction, Forest Hill was a three mile walk from Madison; the chapel was used for rest by visitors who made the long walk. In 2015, the restoration at the chapel’s roof with slate and lead coated copper restored the chapel’s exterior to its original condition.